It is a celebratory biscuit made using almonds for the holiday, usually marked in March
3 ½ cups ground almonds
1 ½ cup of sugar
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp of fine cardamom
1 cup of rose water to combine the ingredients
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until a tight batter is formed.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Shape the batter into a star or round shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into desired shape, let it cool down and enjoy.
– The writer is a homemaker based in Bahrain, who enjoys cooking for her family and friends.